- Grind the following ingredients and make a thick paste.
- Red chilli -6
- Tamarind – 1/2 lemon ball
- Onion (shallots 10 -15 or large -1)
- Chop Plantain/Vazhakkai into bite size pieces and par boil it in water with turmeric and salt.
- Drain it and set aside.
- Add mustard seeds, urad dhal and add masala paste from step 1. Sauté it till the raw flavor disappears. Then add plantain/vazhakkai and give it a toss.
(Note: if you use raw vazhakkai then add masala after you add the vegetable and then you can cook it. If you are adding par boiled vazhakkai add the masala first or else the veggie can get too mushy)
- Finally add 1-2 tbsp coriander powder and cook it for another 5-7 minutes.