Are you super hungry and tired? Want to cook something quick and easy? Here is an appetizer that is spicy yet simple to make and it tastes delicious. You don’t need a whole bunch of ingredients. If you have potatoes, peas and a few basic spices you can make this dish fast. Give it a shot!
Potato- 3-4 (medium size)
Green peas – 1 cup
Cilantro – ½ cup (finely chopped)
Chilli powder – ½ tbsp
Cumin powder – ½ tsp
Coriander powder- ½ tsp
Garam masala – ½ tsp (optional)
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tsp (only for shallow frying)
1. Boil potatoes in a pressure cooker, peel and mash them with a fork.
2. If you are using frozen peas, thaw it and boil it in the microwave with some water for about 4-5 minutes and mash it coarsely.
3. Mix all the spices, chopped cilantro and peas with the mashed potatoes.
4. Roll them into a ball using your palm and press it gently to flatten it.
5. Heat a skillet and drizzle some oil. Once hot, cook the patties until it turns golden brown and flip it and do the same.
Serve it with mint chutney or tomato ketchup!